Sunday, June 3, 2012

Lost Highway (David Lynch, 1997): 87 Screenshots

For a long time I thought Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive were David Lynch's best movies and I rated Lost Highway as very good but not quite as good. But the last time I saw Blue Velvet it sank in my estimation, whereas re-watching Lost Highway last week the opposite happened. It seemed A LOT better than before. I realised how similar it was to Mulholland Drive- with its characters literally becoming other characters half-way through- and if it presages that film, it should in fact be considered probably his most original work. Plus, even if the narrative can't really be explained, in terms of mood and music, Lost Highway is undoubtedly a masterpiece. 

Left-click once on any image to enlarge. 























































































No comments:

Post a Comment