Friday, August 17, 2012

All Sight and Sound Magazine Covers 2006-2011

I've been reading Sight & Sound since 1994 and to me it is the best film magazine in the world. As with so many things, it all comes down to this: I just like the way they write. It's highbrow, but in an intellectually stimulating way, not in an artsy-fartsy way. It covers all kinds of cinema including a lot of foreign and arthouse films, but it has a common-sense approach to them. It stays grounded, and it doesn't get lost in theory. Half the magazine is a review section where every film released in the UK that month gets equal weight. I once lent the magazine to a friend who said 'they could make even the most commercial drek seem like it was worthy of analysis'. He meant it as a complaint. I think it's a compliment....

They also have brilliant covers so I thought I'd load a few of them.

This, by the way, is their website. 

Left-click once on any image to enlarge




2006















2007
















2008














2009

















2010















2011





















No comments:

Post a Comment